Thursday, February 26, 2009
You’ve seen him on Ravelry. You’ve wondered where he would turn up next. Guess what?! He’s coming to Yorkshire Yarns THIS Tuesday!
Joe Raffino’s a Performer. He’s a KILLER knitter, and most amazingly – he is a MAN who carries needles….legally!
Joe is married to Jonelle Raffino who heads-up
SWTC (Southwest Trading Co.) ..home of Tofustie Yarn.
Joe promises a lot of freebie yarn wonders and other SWTC accessories for give-away goodie bags! And check this out.
He will also bring gorgeous garments in all the yarns AND he’s doing a fun fashion show. (This you’ve gotta see.) Rumor has it chicks really dig ‘im.
WHEN: Tuesday, March 3rd
WHERE: Yorkshire Yarns of course!
SNACKS?: Are you kidding? Heck-to-the-yes. This is happening around dinner time. There will be enough snacks to keep you content. Come straight from work. We’ll take care of you.
Don’t miss out on the goodies and the opportunity to special order yarn & patterns for your next project!
See? I told you there’s a HUGE advantage to signing up for email, didn’t I? YOU got to hear about this FIRST.
THIS EVENT IS FREE TO THE PUBLIC.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
· February 16th (Monday) - Sock of the Month Club- 6-8pm (intermediate) $35
· February 21st (Saturday) - TWO socks One Needle $55
· Beginning Knitting every Monday
· Beginning Crochet every Thursday
· Beginning Continental Knitting- Saturday, Jan. 17th (beginner)
· February 7th (Saturday) - Intarsia w/Pam S. Saturday $40
· February 7th (Saturday) - Top-down Mittens w/Heather
FOR BEGINNGERS $40
· February 8th (Sunday) - Fingerless gloves (magic loop) w/Sonya $30
· February 14th (Saturday) - Beginning Cables w/Pam S. $45
· February 14th (Saturday) - Continental Knitting w/Terri K. $25
· February 15th (Sunday) – Tapestry Crochet w/Patty C. $35
· February 21st (Saturday) – Beginning Drop Spindle Spinning w/Heather $25
· February 21st (Saturday) - TWO socks One Needle w/Shirley $55
· February 22nd (Sunday) – Entralac Knitting w/Shirley $40
· February 28th (Saturday) - Felted Lucy Bag w/Terri K. $35
· February 28th (Saturday) - My 1st Sweater w/Pam S. $50
For more details visit our Google Calendar at Yorkshire Yarns.
Monday, February 2, 2009
* Saturday, Feb. 7th from 10:30-1pm - Intermediate Knitters- Intarsia w/Pam S. $40
Intarsia allows you to put a spot of color anywhere in your knitting.
* Saturday, Feb. 7th from 1-4pm - Beginners! Break away from scarves and hats and learn to make mittens from the top down w/Heather G. Need to have basic knitting knowledge. How to knit, purl, m1 inc, cast off and cast on, picking up stitches. $40
* Sunday, Feb. 8th from 1-3pm - Beginners! Learn fingerless gloves in the round. They're fast, easy & fun! Need to have basic knitting knowledge. How to knit, purl, m1 inc, cast off and cast on, picking up stitches. $30
Also in February:
Beginning Drop-Spindal Spinning
TWO Socks on ONE needle
Felted Lucy Bag
My First Sweater
FREE Social Groups
Hooks & Needles Club - Monday's 6-8pm
Knitter's Lunch Bunch group - Wednesday's 12-2pm
Crocheter's Lunch Bunch Group - Thursdays 12-2pm
Pacific NW Christian Needlecrafters - Feb. 21st , 10am-11:30
Stuff of the Month
Our Pattern of the Month is Lisa Ellis' weekend project, "Super Bulky Winter Vest". Big yarn & big needles means a quick, easy project that I may actually finish and boost my ego in the process.
Our Yarn of the Month:
Rowan Biggy Print
Receive 20% off all month!
We just recieved 26 new colors from Hazel Knits in sock and DK weights! And be sure to make a date to come to YY on March 7th from 11-1pm to meet & greet designer Wendee Wienker of HZ. AND she'll be introducing at least 3 new colors. Be one of the 1st to get your hands on these babies! You know the deal w/Wendee's covented yarn. If you snooze....
Hey. I finally found some project holders that DON'T require you to cut your yarn if you want to change-out your unfinished project. Yesssss.... They come in pink to support breast cancer support. And they're available in clear.
I want to thank all of you have given me assistance when trying to read those tiny numbers on the Addi circular needles. I've decided to wear my glasses every day. But as the eyes go so does the memory. On the days I forget to wear my bifocals I take advantage of our new circular needle ID tags. These are awesome and only $2.50!
We have the new winter Vogue Knitting Magazine, Barbara Walker's 1st - 4th Treasury of Knitting series, and the popular "Knit Kimono" by Vicki Square
Beginning Thursday Yorkshire Yarns will host the "She Knits Felted Bag" Trunk Show. "Some moderns. Some retro. Some Funky. All fresh."
ABOUT THE DESIGNER
Sharon knits, designs, teaches, podcasts and adores seven children and one husband just outside of Chicago. She hopes knitters will always find fun, passion, joy, and community within their knitting world.
Have a bless week, peeps!